Please activate JavaScript!
Please install Adobe Flash Player, click here for download

eeef Annual Report 2015

City of Orléans Project Profile The CHP plant has an installed capacity of 7.5 MW in electricity and 17 MW in thermal heat. The plant supplies heat to the City of Orléans and sells electricity via a power purchase agreement (PPA) to Electricité de France (EDF) at a fixed tariff set over 20 years. This pro- ject was the first equity investment by the eeef (the majority owner of the plant with 84.4 %). Dalkia France is co-investing with eeef and holds the remaining 15.6%. The plant is fired by wood biomass (90,000 tons per annum) which is from a sustainably source (woodlands located less than 100 km from the plant). The CHP plant commenced oper- ation in March 2014. During 2015, the plant operated at a rate equivalent to an annual reduction of 18,855 tCO2 e emissions and –37,578 MWh of primary energy savings compared to base- line. Carbon savings are 71% (compared to base- line). This CHP biomass plant achieves significant car- bon savings whilst still generating heat aligned with baseline requirements. Annual CO2 e emis- sions vary from those stated in the eeef Annu- al Report 2014; due to an accurate calculation methodology, provided by the project devel- opers. 2015 savings have been calculated and validated in accordance with the internation- al energy standard International Performance Measurement and Verification Protocol (IPMVP). Project Highlights The project enables a decentralised energy supply for the City of Orléans using an existing district heating network. The plant allows 15,000 households in the city to achieve annual savings of around €200.0 with the new energy source and increases the environmental sustainability. Key figures Country France Sector EnergyEnergy EfficiencyEfficiency Type of investment Junior fundsJunior funds Total project size (¤m) 36.0 eeef investment size (€m) 5.1 Financial close 12 March 2013 Maturity Perpetual Observed tCO2 e emissions 18,855 Orléans 2015 Activities Report: Investments 21

Seitenübersicht