Please activate JavaScript!
Please install Adobe Flash Player, click here for download

eeef Annual Report 2014

Key figures Country France Sector Energy Efficiency/ CHP plant Type of investment Junior funds Total project size (¤ m) 47.6 eeef investment size (€ m) 7.3 Financial Close 16 December 2013 Maturity 10 years Cumulative CO2 e emission savings (tonnes p. a.) 32,913 City of Rennes Project Profile Following a bid for tenders launched by the French Commission de Régulation de l’Energie (CRE3) for the production of green energy produced by a biomass cogeneration plant, Rennes Biomasse energie SAS was authorized to build and operate a combined heat and power facility with an elec- trical output of 10.4 MW and a thermal output of 22 MW for the next twenty years. As its second equity investment eeef has purchased 85% of the shares in Rennes Biomasse Energie while Dalkia France owns the remaining 15%. Dalkia France is also permitted to technically operate the plant. Based on estimated data available up to the end of 2014 the plant has saved 32,913 (t) CO2 e compared to the baseline. Project highlights The project enables a decentralized energy supply for the city of Rennes using an existing district network. The plant will allow 21,000 households in the City to both achieve savings with the new energy source and increase their environmental sustainability. Rennes The supply of biomass can be ensured within a 100 km radius, which is beneficial. 22 eeef Annual Report 2014

Seitenübersicht