Please activate JavaScript!
Please install Adobe Flash Player, click here for download

eeef Annual Report 2014

City of Orléans Project profile The CHP plant has an installed capacity of 7.5 MW in electricity and 17 MW in thermal heat. The plant supplies heat to the City of Orléans and sells electricity via a Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) to Electricité de France (EDF) at a fixed tariff set over 20 years. This project was the first equity investment by eeef (the majority owner of the plant with 84.4%). Dalkia France is co-investing along with eeef and holds the remaining 15.6%. The plant is fired by wood biomass (90,000 tons per annum) which is sustainable sourced from nearby woodlands which are located less than 100km from the plant. The CHP plant commenced operation in March 2014. During 2014 the plant operated at a rate equivalent to an annual reduction of 23,360 (t) of CO2 e emissions and 2,396 MWh of primary energy savings compared to the baseline. Project Highlights The project enables a decentralised energy supply for the City of Orléans using an existing district heating network. The plant allows 15,000 households in the City to achieve annual savings of around € 200 with the new energy source and increases the environmental sustainability. The biomass required is locally sourced within a 100 km radius from the plant. Key figures Country France Sector EnergyEnergy EfficiencyEfficiency Type of investment Junior fundsJunior funds Total project size (¤ m) 36.0 eeef investment size (€ m) 5.1 Financial Close 10 June 2013 Maturity Perpetual Cumulative CO2 emission savings (tonnes p. a.) 29,201 Orléans 2014 Activities Report: Investments 19

Seitenübersicht