Please activate JavaScript!
Please install Adobe Flash Player, click here for download

eeef Annual Report 2013

Key figures Country France Sector Energy Efficiency/CHP plant Type of investment Junior funds Total project size (¤ m) 47.6 eeef investment size (€ m) 7.3 Financial Close 16 December 2013 Maturity 10 years Expected CO2 emission savings (tonnes p.a.) 37,063 City of Rennes Project Profile The Fund has completed its second equity trans- action, investing in Rennes Biomasse Energie SAS, which has been authorised to operate a combined heat and power facility with an electrical output of 9.8 MWe and thermal output of 22 MWth over the next 20 years. This junior fund investment has been realised through the purchase of 85% of the shares of Rennes Biomasse Energie by eeef. Dalkia France is co-investing along with eeef and is sharehol- der of the remaining 15% of Rennes Biomasse Energie. Project Highlights The project enables decentralized energy supply for the city of Rennes using an existing district heating network. The plant will allow 21,000 households in the city to achieve savings with the new energy source and increase their environmental sustainability. The supply of biomass can be ensured within a 100 km radius, which is pretty comfortable. Also the by signing a long term PPA with EDF, the off-take of the project risk is minimized. Rennes 20 eeef Annual Report 2013

Seitenübersicht